I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I practiced in Chicago for over 10 years. I completed my Bachelors of Social Work at the University of Missouri at Columbia and my Masters of Social Work at the University of Denver.
My work has focused on families and children, with an emphasis on peace and justice.
I completed the 40 hour Divorce Mediation training at Northwestern University in Chicago in 2008 and in 2009 the Advanced Mediation internship with Margret S. Powers. And continue to attend trainings and conferences to increase my skills with families.
I can support couples with complete divorce / separation mediation or with portions of the mediation process, such as “parenting plans”. I also provide family mediation, divorce coaching, co-parent counseling. I am trained as a Collaborative Divorce Coach and Parenting Coordinator.
I practice an open and honest style of mediation. I use humor and reality to keep couples focused on the true goal of mediation and prefer to respectfully but honestly “call things” as I see them.
My office hours of availability are during the day, however, evening hours can be arranged occasionally.
Below are some organizations with which I am a current member or have been a member of in the past. You may find valuable information about mediation and divorce processes at these links. Let me know if you would like to know more about the following information:
- St. Louis Collaborative Family Law Association: is a group of specially trained Collaborative Professionals, which include attorneys, financial professionals, and mental health professionals, working together with the parties, to collect and share information, and to negotiate a divorce agreement that is best for the entire family, including the children.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals : IACP is the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, an international community of legal, mental health and financial professionals working in concert to create client-centered processes for resolving conflict.
- Association of Family and Conciliatory Courts: An interdisciplinary and international association of professionals dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through the resolution of family conflict.
- Academy of Professional Family Mediators: The premier organization dedicated to professional family mediation:– educating the public about the value of family mediation and– promoting excellence and professionalism among family mediators.
- M.A.R.C.H Mediation: I am one of a few selected mediators in the St. Louis area working as a M.A.R.C.H. Mediator. M.A.R.C.H.’s Mission is to provide mediation services to better serve the needs of the children of parents who are divorced, separated or never married.
- Second Saturday: I have co-facilitated this workshop. It is designed to help women take the next step, no matter where they are in the process of untying the knot. Second Saturday deals with the legal, financial, family and personal issues of divorce in a logical, yet compassionate way.